Reports to: Community Manager
Supervises: No One or in the Community Manager’s absence the entire staff.
The Assistant Manager assists the Community Manager in effectively managing the assigned community. In the Community Manager’s absence, the Assistant Manager will assume all responsibilities associated with accomplishing property objectives as set forth by the company.
MAJOR GOALS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for all tasks assigned by the Community Manager. General areas of responsibility are:
- Assist in the achievement of the community’s annual budget plan.
- Assist with leasing apartments.
- Responsible for the timely collection and deposit of all rental income.
- Responsible for updating the computer software system on a daily basis.
- Responsible for generating accurate reports.
- All other related tasks assigned by community manager.
- Upholding all company policies and values.
- Ensure timely collections of all rent receipts. Review the delinquency report on a daily basis and attempt to collect monies due through the use of direct communication with the resident.
- Maintain all account records and transactions including NSF’s, rent allowances, concessions, rent increases and other management approved debits and credits in Yardi.
- Assist and ensure all customer complaints are handled promptly and appropriately.
- Adhere to established company standards for screening applicants for residency.
- Participate in planned resident activities.
- Show, Lease, and move in prospective residents.
- Complete accounting pre-close and month end functions and generate and review required reports associated with these tasks.
- Preparation of weekly leasing reports.
- Preparation of accurate Statement of Deposit accounting for all vacating residents.
- Thorough understanding of local landlord tenant laws including preparing and delivering all legal and formal notices in accordance with state laws and company standards, including but not limited to late notices and lease violation notices.
- Assist with the preparation of the market survey on a routine basis.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the surrounding market, competitors and emerging trends
- Prepare and review lease paperwork with new and renewing residents.
- Resolve resident complaints and direct pertinent issues to the attention of the Community Manager.
- Prepare write offs under the Community Manager’s supervision and with approval.
- Monitor, follow up and maintain accurate information in reference to resident payment plans or activities associated with 3rd party collection agencies in accordance with company standards.
- Initiate all necessary evictions by preparing copies and forwarding all appropriate paperwork for legal evections or other legal proceeding; ensure all evictions and legal proceeding are followed through to completion.
- Complete timely follow up on all prospects per the company policy.
- Assist with Inspecting of vacant units for readiness.
- Inspect model unit for marketability. Report any deficiencies to the community manager
- Walk marketing path on a daily basis. Report any deficiencies to the community manager.
- All other duties as may be assigned.
BEHAVIOR TRAITS, ATTITUDES AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong commitment to company goals and values.
- Ability to display a pleasant attitude to all prospects, residents and associates.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to accurately charge, collect and deposit rental income.
- Ability to perform basic accounting functions such as reading a ledger and determining rental charges.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic match functions.
- Committed to the success of each associate as a member of the team.
- Knowledge of on-site maintenance requirements, including dealing with vendors and contractors
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of leasing apartments.
- Ability to continually close on prospects and lease apartments
- Ability to learn and work on various types of computer software programs including but not limited to: Yardi, Yardi Popcard, Microsoft Outlook, Blue Moon, credit screening software, excel and word.
- Ability to pass a mystery shopping report based on the company criteria.
- Ability and desire to perform outreach marketing for the community as needed.
- Knowledge of state laws as it relates to handling Security Deposits and other resident related fees and charges
- Ability to understand basic computer and internet knowledge
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to read and write in English at a high level. Must be able to apply common sense to carry out instructions, plans and strategy to reach goals and objectives. Must use independent judgment, following prescribed procedures, to determine actions to be taken, priorities, emergencies, etc. Will interact regularly with prospects, residents, vendors, contractors, supervisors, employees and coworkers and therefore, must have excellent interpersonal skills.
Will be exposed on a regular basis to outdoor environment when walking outside on the community (i.e., heat, cold, snow, damp, rain, etc.). Daily duties will require; walking, climbing stairs, sitting for extended periods, bending and lifting.
ATTENDANCE & TRAVEL:
- Ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year.
- Ability to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary.
- Ability to travel to attend various company gatherings either in the general vicinity or your home, property, or in another state.
PREREQUISITE (i.e. education, experience):
- Sales experience, preferably in the apartment industry
- Customer Service experience
- High School degree
- Accounting experience desired but not required
- At least 2 years of apartment related experience either as a leasing consultant or Assistant Community Manager required
- Ability to fluently read and write English
LICENSES & EQUIPMENT
- Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required; position requires own vehicle to fulfill all of job’s functions
- Must wear career apparel based on defined company standards. TSR name tags are required to be worn.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
- Commit to ongoing professional development and career growth
- Take all assigned training scheduled through company training programs as directed
- Wage Status: Hourly (Non-exempt, eligible for overtime)