Reports to: Community Manager
Supervises: No One
MAJOR GOALS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting in the achievement of the Community’s annual budget plan
- Showing and Leasing of apartments.
- Accounting functions relating to leasing.
- Completing all lease documents related to leasing
- All leasing and marketing tasks including outreach marketing and implementation of marketing campaigns.
- All other related tasks assigned by community manager
- Upholding all Company policies and values.
- Inspect vacant apartments for readiness on a routine basis. Inspect vacant unit prior to the new resident moving in. Report any deficiencies to the community manager and service manager.
- Inspect the marketing tour path each morning and throughout the day. Report any deficiencies or items of concern to the community manager in a timely manner.
- Responsible for insuring the “model” apartments and target apartments are ready for show;
- Responsible for maintaining work areas and office in clean and orderly manner.
- Awareness of the “curb appeal” of the property. Report deficiencies to the Community Manager
- Provide community information related to leasing and marketing of the property to prospects who are interested in leasing.
- Develop full knowledge of application information required, screening processes and policies.
- Thorough knowledge of lease terms, specifications and all community policies.
- Collect rental application and all fees due to hold the apartment prior to move-in.
- Efficient and timely processing of all required administrative forms and reports.
- Courteous, efficient handling of resident requests and complaints.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Understand and use revenue management software correctly so that accurate rental rates can be quoted.
- Responsible to conduct out-reach marketing at least once per week.
- Develop and maintain an on-going resident retention program under direction of Community
- Responsible for assisting Assistant Manager in collection of delinquent rents.
- Participate in planned resident activities.
- Responsible to play an active role in the renewal process.
- Prepare market survey.
- Become knowledgeable of the surrounding market and competitors.
- Prepare and review lease paperwork with all new and renewing residents.
- Knowledgeable of required telephone and sales techniques.
- Complete timely follow up on all prospects per the company policy.
- All other duties as may be assigned.
BEHAVIOR TRAITS, ATTITUDES AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong commitment to company goals and values.
- Display pleasant attitude to all prospects, residents and associates.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Be committed to the success of each associate as a member of the team.
- Strong marketing skills, outgoing, self‑starter, creative.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of leasing apartments.
- Ability to continually close on prospects and lease apartments
- Ability to learn and work on various types of computer software programs including but not limited to: Yardi, Yardi Popcard, Microsoft Outlook, Blue Moon, credit screening software, revenue management systems
- Ability to pass a mystery shopping report based on the company criteria.
- Ability and desire to perform outreach marketing for the community.
- Ability to use
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to read and write in English. Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions. Will interact regularly with prospects, residents, vendors, supervisors and coworkers and therefore, must have excellent interpersonal skills.
Will be exposed on a regular basis to outdoor environment when walking outside on the community (i.e., heat, cold, snow, damp, rain, etc.). Daily duties will require; walking, climbing stairs, sitting for extended periods, bending and lifting.
ATTENDANCE & TRAVEL
- Ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year.
- Ability to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary.
- Ability to travel to attend various company gatherings either in the general vicinity or your home, property, or in another state.
PREREQUISITE (i.e. education, experience):
- Sales experience, preferably in the apartment industry.
- Customer Service experience.
- Friendly and courteous personality.
- Ability to read and write English.
- High School degree required.
- Ability to interact with people.
- Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required; position requires own vehicle to fulfill all of job’s functions.
- Must wear career apparel based on defined company standards. TSR name tags are required to be worn.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT:
- Commit to ongoing professional development and career growth.
- Take all assigned training scheduled through company training programs as directed.
- Wage Status: Hourly (Non-exempt, eligible for overtime.)